Message Area
Casually read the BBS message area using an easy to use interface. Messages are categorized exactly like they are on the BBS. You may post new messages or reply to existing messages!

You are not logged in. Login here for full access privileges.

Previous Message | Next Message | Back to Microsoft Windows International...  <--  <--- Return to Home Page
   Networked Database  Microsoft Windows International...   [315 / 356] RSS
 From   To   Subject   Date/Time 
Message   August Abolins    mark lewis   new wifi device crashes DSL   August 4, 2018
 3:23 AM *  

mark lewis : August Abolins wrote:

> what protocol is it using on your network compared with the other one?
> have you tried to re-add it to its home network by pushing that button
> many routers have that supposedly makes syncing the router login to the
> system easier?

Hi Mark..

Good suggestion with WPS. I failed to try it.

The router/modem has a "wifi" button at the back which is supposed to work with
 WPS.  But since I was not able to login to the router, I could not see if the
feature was activated.

But I did two other things which has solved the problem: [1] I configured the
Win7 pc to use a specific local IP address, [2] I noticed TWO entries for the
home router SSID in the wifi list/tables, and removed what appeared to be an
older one that represented a previous router from the same provider.

It still surprises me how easily another device joining the network could bring
 the whole DSL service down!

--- Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 (Windows/20100228)
 * Origin: - nntp://rbb.fidonet.fi - Lake Ylo - Finland - (2:221/360)
  Show ANSI Codes | Hide BBCodes | Show Color Codes | Hide Encoding | Hide HTML Tags | Show Routing
Previous Message | Next Message | Back to Microsoft Windows International...  <--  <--- Return to Home Page

VADV-PHP
Execution Time: 0.1189 seconds

If you experience any problems with this website or need help, contact the webmaster.
VADV-PHP Copyright © 2002-2024 Steve Winn, Aspect Technologies. All Rights Reserved.
Virtual Advanced Copyright © 1995-1997 Roland De Graaf.
v2.0.140505

Warning: Unknown: open(c:\Sessions\sess_njm7mbspng3bhm56tjpd1agk42, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (c:\Sessions) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: session_start(): open(c:\Sessions\sess_njm7mbspng3bhm56tjpd1agk42, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in D:\wc5\http\public\VADV\include\common.inc.php on line 45 PHP Warning: Unknown: open(c:\Sessions\sess_njm7mbspng3bhm56tjpd1agk42, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (c:\Sessions) in Unknown on line 0